Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting closer...

My mom came over yesterday and helped me cut out some shirts for Emma.  We used a pattern that my mom found at a thrift store.  The striped fabric and the denim for the pants were also from a thrift store.  I am not a huge fan of the striped one, or the whole capped sleeve, but I really love the pink and white one.  I added the big piece on the bottom with some of the fabric that I had left over from my pink shirt.  I really love the neck as well.  It is a good thing that my mom able to show me how to do it!
                                                                            

My mom cut these cute little pants out by altering another thrift store pattern to make pants into bell bottom capri pants.  I added the buttons and the sailor flap to add to the cuteness of them and my mom added the pockets on the back.  I put a decorative stitch across the top of the pockets to add a little something extra.

 

However, when I had Emma try them on after I finished, I realized that my mom had pinned the pockets onto the front of the pants on accident.  This makes the cute little sailor front look really funny all bunched in front.  I am not sure if I am going to fix it or just ditch the sailor flap to make it easier.  

All in all, I learned that it is easier to make kids clothes because 1) they don't care what they look like when you are done, 2) if you screw up, it is less fabric wasted, 3) you can make some dang cute kid clothes out of old scraps of fabric.


2 comments:

Alan and Kiersten said...

SO CUTE! i think these turned out really well!!! nice work!

Unknown said...

Those pants are adorable! And so is the model :)