Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation

My family and I just got back from vacation in Windsor, California.  It was wonderful!  My husband and I are also photographers and had a great time at the Redwoods and the coast.  www.legacyddp.com  

As some of you know I was trying to make a swimming suit for this vacation.  I ended up making two.  The first one was a one piece which turned out to be much too low cut for my large chest.  So, instead of trying to resurrect it I made a whole new suit.  I started about nine o'clock the night before we left and was almost finished when I went to bed at 3:30 in the morning.  The second suit was a two piece.  The pattern was made for a one piece but I didn't want to make the same mistake I had made with the first one, so I made the top extra long and the bottoms extra high.  The result was a normal two piece suit.  I learned something about swimsuit lining while I was making this suit.  You have to cut the lining so that it stretches the most from side to side.  I followed the patter and cut it on the selvedge and the suit had no give.  It took all my strength to pull the dang thing over my butt.  I ended up having to recut all of the lining.  It was a good thing that I had purchased so much extra.  I don't think I would have found a fabric store open at one in the morning when I realized my mistake.  I will have to get some pictures of the both suits up, but for now I am just trying to get back in the swing of things after a wonderful vacation. 

No comments: