Monday, June 30, 2008

Patterns and Fabric


The other day my mom came to try and help me interpret my swimming suit pattern.  While she was here she gave me a great tip that I thought I would pass on to you.  Because I am new to sewing and it will probably be a while before I am good at it, she suggested that I got to Desseret Industries (a thrift shop) to buy my patterns and to look for fabric.  I was a little skeptical at first. I didn't think that I would find any patterns that I would like, and if I did, they probably wouldn't be all there.  However, I was pleasantly surprised to find about three patterns that I loved.  They were all shirt patterns from the seventies, but lucky for me, the seventies are coming back.  I also found some adorable hot pink corduroy (brand new) that will be perfect for a little girl's dress or pants.  I ended up paying 50¢ for the patterns and $2 for about three yards of corduroy.  I was very excited about my finds and plan on making more frequent trips to DI from now on.   

No comments: